Vard Vung Tau
Vard Vung Tau is a fully integrated facility capable of undertaking the entire process of shipbuilding from hull construction to final outfitting works. VARD’s Vietnam based shipyard is well-equipped to handle complex project management that measures up to the same international standards as our more established yards in Europe. Offering an attractive cost position and location, it allows VARD to tap into the potential of new geographies and market segments.
Welcome to Vietnam, where our Vard Vung Tau shipyard enjoys a very accessible location in the port city of Vung Tau in the south of country. We’re a fully integrated facility capable of carrying out the entire shipbuilding process from hull construction and outfitting to final delivery. Vard Vung Tau was established as a greenfield yard in 2006, started manufacturing operations in 2008, and was officially opened in 2010. Since then, we’ve delivered a broad range of offshore and specialized vessels, fishing vessels, and expedition cruise vessels. We’re especially proud of the fact that all these projects were completed on schedule.
Vard Vung Tau is capable of handling complex shipbuilding projects and we offer a unique combination of cost efficiency and heavyweight engineering capacity.
- Floating dock of 7,800 tons capacity.
- Total quay length of 310 m with a draft of 9.5 m.
- Warehouse capacity of 2,400 square meters.
- Certified for ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and SA 8000 standards.
- Highly skilled workforce aligned with VARD’s high standards and values.
- Short distance from Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam’s largest city.
- ISO 9001:2015
- ISO 14001:2004
- OHSAS 18001
- SA 8000
- Established: 2006
- Total yard area: 116 000 m²
- Number of employees: 900
- Capacity: 7 600 t
- Breadth: 32 m
- Total length vessel: 120 m
- Keel length: 120 m
- Number of cranes: 2
- Crane capacity in dock: 2 x 12 t
- Total length: 120 m + 100 m + 90 m
- Depth: 7 m
- Number of cranes: 1 + crawler cranes
- Crane capacities: 1 x 23 t
240 V / 400 V / 50 Hz
- Outfitting hall
Capacity: 800 m².
Number of indoor cranes: 1.
Crane capacities: 1 x 3 t.
- Painting/Sandblasting hall
Capacity: 900 m².
- Unit fabrication hall
Capacity: 10 940 m².
Number of indoor cranes: 10.
Crane capacities: 2 x 60 t + 6 x 10 t x 1 x 40 t + 1 x 15 t magnet.
- Piping workshop
Capacity: 1 600 m².
Number of indoor cranes: 2.
Crane capacities: 1 x 3 t + 1 x 5 t.
- Carpentry shop
Capacity: 800 m² warehouse / 200 m² workshop.
- Machine shop
Capacity: 320 m².
- Capacity: 2 400 m²
- Capacity: 150 t + 530 t
- Capacity: 318 m / 128 t per m
- Capacity: 1 x 250 t + 2 x 50 t