Full utilization of power on board vessels with SeaQ Switchgear
Technology based on decades of knowledge
We design and deliver advanced, modern switchgear tailormade for vessels in the maritime industry. We have a long track record in providing switchgear packages to the cruise, ferry, offshore, fisheries and navy segments numbering more than 220 worldwide deliveries in total.
Our skilled team of experts engineer SeaQ Switchgear solutions to the highest quality standards. All are based on essential industry regulations to ensure safety and reliability.
Built with a rigid steel structure our switchgear is designed to handle high mechanical forces of vibration and shock, and to withstand to high-current short-circuits.
Low -and medium voltage switchboards
We design and build both low-voltage (LV) switchboards and complete switchboard packages, including calculation and analysis, electrical engineering, commissioning and worldwide service. Our typical deliveries are main switchboards, emergency switchboards and distribution switchboards that are highly reliable, installation-friendly and compact.
What you get with SeaQ Switchboard
- Closed ring system that satisfies the highest DP requirements
- Directional protection and zone selectivity, which allows minimum loss of bus bar sections.
- Load Sharing (LS) can be included in the switchboard without taking any extra space on each generator cubicle (symmetric, ﬁxed power, asymmetric).
- AVRs can be mounted in each generator cubicle for easier fault ﬁnding and commissioning.
- 3D modelling for custom solutions
- Integrated PMS (power management system) and load-sharing
- Individual insulation monitoring
- ARC-flash detection system
- Fully remote operation of main circuit breakers and control voltage
- Measuring from selected consumers for analysis and trending in the automation system
Switchboard solutions and services we offer
SeaQ Group Starter Panel
We provide compact multiple starter solutions specially designed to handle motor control sequences in the optimal space-saving configuration for each vessel. The GSP enables easy operability, control overview and maintenance access. GSP applications cover everything from remotely operated vehicles (ROVs), deck equipment, drilling equipment, utility stations, cargo equipment, winch controls and crane equipment.
Key features include:
- Motor starters mounted in fixed or withdrawable compartments
- Different withdrawable configurations available according to requirements
- Type 1 or 2 coordination
- Integration of frequency converters
- Full remote operation
SeaQ Motor Control Cabinet
Vard Elektro provides complete MC packages for a range of vessel types and floating installations. We design, build, test and install motor controllers and motor control centres (MCC), as well as frequency converters and configurable special-application motor controllers. Our switchgear, digital controls and distribution systems are designed to cover a comprehensive range of operational and regulatory requirements and customer specifications, with unrivalled performance. All our MC products can be delivered either individually or as part of an integrated SeaQ system.
Our motor controllers are highly compatible, easy to install and fully integrated with other products in the SeaQ range. They offer superior reliability, ease of use and are designed for readily accessible spare parts.
SeaQ MC solution options include:
- Full remote operation
- Measuring for automation system for trending and analysis
- Single or redundant network
- Type 2 coordination
SeaQ Distributions Cabinet
VARD Electro provides complete distribution packages for a range of vessel types and floating installations. We design, build, test, and install distribution systems for most kinds of power distribution. Our switchgear, digital controls and distribution systems are designed to cover a comprehensive range of operational and regulatory requirements and customers’ specifications, with unrivalled performance. The products can be delivered individually, or as part of an integrated SeaQ system.
Our distributions are highly compatible, easy to install and fully integrated with other products in the SeaQ range. They offer reliability, a long history of proven performance and easy operation, and are designed to use readily accessible spare parts. Typical DB applications include lighting distributions, auxiliary power distributions and de-ice distributions.
SeaQ DB solution options include:
- Full remote operation
- Motor operated circuit breakers
- Measuring from selected or all consumers to automation system for trending and analysis
SeaQ Switchgear Service & Support
We are equipped to perform all kinds of switchgear service, modifications, upgrades, testing and training. Our global team of highly skilled service engineers are on standby to help, as part of annual switchboard and breaker surveys, conversions, retrofits or in line with planned maintenance of your PMS.
The benefit for you is continued safe and efficient operation of your assets, with fewer issues and more uptime.
Specific services we provide include:
- General inspection of breakers and switchboards
- Testing of generator protections
- Cleaning of switchboards
- Thermal photography of switchboards
- Upgrade of existing switchboards
- Delivery of detailed post-service test reports